WordPress started in 2003 as an open source blog publishing application. It was developed in PHP, and works side by side with MySql. WordPress is the most popular blog creation application in the world, but is also used as a basic CMS because its features are quite the same as a normal CMS.
WordPress uses templating system, so that you don’t need to be know any PHP or even HTML to use the application, similarly you can install different types of themes, delete them, edit them and switch them with east, but if you know HTML or PHP you can edit the codes in the themes to get a higher degree of customization to meet your needs. Some of the other much loved features of wordpress are as under:
Both of our Linux and Windows servers support one-click wordpress installations. So, its your choice whether you want to run wordpress on our Windows based servers running IIS or Linux servers running Apache!
- Search-engine friendly architecture
- Integrated link management
- Nested article structure
- Post / article tagging
- Link pingback, trackback functionality
- Plugin rich architecture
|Here’s the easy guide to install wordpress on your website:
1. Login to your control panel.
2. Click Fantastico DeLuxe, under “Software/Services”
3. Find the link to WordPress installation and click on it.
4. Click on New Installation.
5. Fill out the boxes in the next screen. For Install on domain, choose the domain on which to install. In Install in directory, choose where you want to install WordPress. By default, it will install in your root directory, but you can install in any directory you want or even a sub-domain of your current domain. Choose admin username and password and give your email address and then click Install WordPress.
6. Click on Finish Installation
This should install wordpress on your website. But remember, you can always contact our customer support team anytime if you need assistance in any matter